- Home inspections are performed in accordance with OAHI and CAHPI Standards of Practice
- Visual inspection and thorough examination of all visible and accessible components of the property including structural and operating systems.
- Inspection tools such as a Thermal Imaging camera, high resolution moisture meter are used.
- Home inspections approx 3 hours in length depending on the property.
- Within 24 hours (although usually within 3-4 hours) from completion of the home inspection, the client receives a comprehensive report electronically, which includes photos and recommendations.
- A hard copy report is optional.
The scope of each home inspection includes the following:
- ROOF INSPECTION – type and condition of roof covering, flashing, chimney exterior ( Winter weather may restrict full inspection )
- EXTERIOR INSPECTION – type and condition of walls, decks, eaves-troughs, lot grading, retaining walls, windows, doors and frames, foundation walls
- STRUCTURAL/FOUNDATION INSPECTION – description and condition of basement / crawlspace including foundation walls, floor structure, roof and attic components
- ELECTRICAL INSPECTION– type of service and condition of panel, circuits, switches, receptacles
- HOME HEATING INSPECTION – details of the type and condition of the heating system
- AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM INSPECTION– details of the type and condition of the AC system (seasonal)
- INSULATION INSPECTION – type and amount of insulation in the attic, basement and walls ( where possible )
- PLUMBING INSPECTION – description and condition of the supply and waste water piping plus components such as hot water heater, sinks, faucets, bathtubs and toilets
- INTERIOR INSPECTION – details of the condition of the floor, walls, ceilings, doors, windows, cabinets